The purpose of the Board of Adjustments is to provide a method for a person to request a variance from the required Zoning or related Ordinance.
- Dane Lovell
- Bruce Browning
- Mike Kessler
- Dave Smith
Some of the most commonly requested Zoning Variances are:
- Garage/carport enclosures creating insufficient required front yard setback for legal off-street parking.
- Placement of mechanical equipment (air conditioning, swimming pool equipment) in the side yard area creating insufficient required side yard setback.
- Accessory structures exceeding the maximum allowance in height in the required rear yard area.
- Fences in the front yard area having insufficient required front yard setbacks.
- Carports in both the front yard and side yard areas having insufficient required front yard setbacks, insufficient side yard setbacks, and insufficient required sky clearance.
- Applications for a variance should be based on some type of hardship. Economic reasons do not constitute a hardship
The Zoning Administrator is City Manager David Haugland and Building/Site Plan Inspector Terry Goerdt.